Been a bit, but here we go. In place of E3 getting cancelled this year, PlayStation hosted a new State of Play. In case you missed it or want a quick recap, here you go.
First off, in case you missed it entirely, here’s the full video:
As for what they showed off, here is a quick list and links to jump straight to them:
- Resident Evil 4 (Remake) – 0:10
- Resident Evil Village PS VR2 – 2:57
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution PS VR2 – 4:23
- No Man’s Sky PS VR2 – 5:43
- Horizon Call of the Mountain PS VR2 – 6:32
- Marvel’s Spider-Man PC Version – 9:35
- Stray – 10:28
- The Callisto Protocol – 12:20
- Rollerdrome – 14:20
- Eternights – 15:41
- Street Fighter 6 – 17:35
- Tunic (PS4/PS5) – 20:56
- Season: A Letter to the Future – 21:45
- Final Fantasy XVI – 23:25
First and foremost, I think PlayStation knocked it out of the park with this last State of Play. Sure, the biggest titles for me weren’t PlayStation exclusives; but having the opportunity to be the first to show any of that content is still impressive in my book.
I mean, the Resident Evil 4 remake, Street Fighter 6, and Final Fantasy XVI. Those three alone made the showcase worth it for me. Add to that Stray and The Callisto Project, I’ve got more than enough to keep me excited. PlayStation and non-PlayStation fans should both be excited! This was a solid showcase.